Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Back to Reality

After the hustle and bustle of Christmas, there was nothing I needed, nothing my family needed more than some down time.  

The past week of pajama days, afternoon naps and playing with Liam were a much needed break from routine that we all needed.  

For the most part, we did a whole lot of nothing!  
We watched a lot of TV, spent hours playing cars and Liam did LOTS of art (colouring).  
We only got dressed when we had to go out somewhere.  
Henry and I drank lots of wine after Liam was in bed for the night.

But, all holidays must come to an end.  
Eventually we have to go back to the reality of having to work for a living.  

Reality reared it's ugly head with a growl when the alarm went off at 5:00 this morning.  OK, maybe I was the one growling as I dragged my weary butt out of bed. 
(Because, wouldn't you know that after over a week of sleeping perfectly every night, the night before I have to go back to work, I don't sleep worth poop!)

I showered and got dressed in a sleep blur before going to wake up my poor little bear.  After a week of sleeping as late as he wanted, I was greeted by a particularly grumpy little bear.

"NO MOMMY, NIGHT NIGHT," he cried as I gently tried to wake him.  "MINE, MINE," he screamed as I took off his pajamas.  Thankfully, he was soon settled with a sippy cut of milk and TreeHouse TV.

And well, we won't even talk about Henry's response to early mornings, other than to say that morning is his most hated part of every day!

But we made it to work - EARLY!  

And that was it. 
Back to reality.
Back to rules and routines.
Back to paying attention to other people's kids more than my own.
Back to working for a living . . . it may pay the bills, but somedays, that's all it's good for!

But, on the bright side of things, I booked my two weeks of vacation for our trip to Nashville in June . . . 153 days until I am on holidays!

And there are a few long weekends between now and then, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment