Thursday, August 26, 2010

Memo: The Maple Tree In My Yard


Dear Mr. Maple Tree:

Somewhere along the way, you seem to have become confused.  It is only August.  It is still summer.  You are not supposed to change colour in the summer, you are supposed to change colour in the FALL. Fall does not begin until September 22nd, 2010.  There is no need for your leaves to be orange yet.  

I know that you feel that you are your most attractive when your leaves turn red and orange however, you need to be more patient and wait until the appropriate time to put on your bright colours.   Summer is short enough as it is, no one wants you changing colours early to give the illusion that fall is here.

I urge you to do the right thing for everyone.  Stay green for a little while longer.  We will all enjoy your bright colours when the time is right, but for now, you are only going to be badmouthed, yelled at and complained about if you continue to push us closer and closer to fall.

Please share this request with any other trees in the area who, like you are trying to rush into fall a month early.  We need to work together to keep summer around for as long as possible.

Thank you for your cooperation,
Nicki
Property Manager


2 comments:

  1. I wish these maple trees would look at the calendar. It is still August. So tired of seeing orange leaves littering the windshield of my car. Too early for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah ha! I love it. Definitely too early for fall..I'm not ready to let summer go yet! LOL

    P.S. I've given you an award HERE.

    ReplyDelete