Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to Henry, my husband and our little man's Daddy.  Liam adores his Daddy and is thrilled with every minute he gets to spend playing with him or just being around him.  Although I love watching the two of them together and am sometimes jealous of how much Liam always wants to be with is Daddy.  Yesterday, he was playing happily near me while I gardened until Daddy came out.  Then he wanted nothing to do with playing near me, he kept taking off to be follow Daddy around.  He is definitely a Daddy's boy!  In the years to come, I know they will have lots of fun fishing, building things and doing all the things that boys love to do together.

       


Liam made this painting for Daddy at daycare this week.  He gave it to Daddy on Friday when Daddy picked him.  It is hard to believe that our little boy is big enough to be making paintings and giving them to Daddy by himself!



You always clean the fingerprints
I leave upon the wall.
I seem to make a mess of things,
Because I am so small.
The years will pass so quickly
I'll soon be grown like you 
And all my little fingerprints
Will surely fade from view.
So, here's a special painting,
A memory that's true,
So you'll recall the very day
I made this just for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment