Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I Hate Mornings

We've been back to work for over a week now after our holidays and I'm still not back into a good morning routine.  Well, the truth of it is, I have been back to work for ten months (since my maternity leave) and I've never developed a good morning routine.  I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON!

I go to bed far too late for someone who needs to get up at 5 AM for work every day.  Sometime I have things that I need to do in the evening, but many nights I just procrastinate about getting ready for bed.  I'm too lazy to get off my butt and get ready for bed, even when I am so exhausted I can hardly keep my eyes open.  So, naturally, mornings come far too early for my liking!

It is not a pretty sight in my houses most mornings.  Nobody wants to get out of bed.  Getting ready to leave for work is rushed and stressful.  Everyone is grumpy.  I hit snooze half a dozen times * before I finally drag myself out of bed with barely enough time to have a shower before waking Liam.  Liam hates being woken up.  He doesn't want to get dressed.  He doesn't want to drink his milk.  He just wants to complain.  Henry just plain and simply doesn't want to get up.

The dogs are the only ones who are eager to get up and start the day . . . but only because they know that they are going to get fed.  And because they are dogs and they get to sleep whenever they want all day long!

Seriously, who ever decided that people should have to get up at 5 AM?  I am sure that it was someone who doesn't have to get up at such and ungodly hour.  You know, one of those people who gets to sleep until 8 or 9 AM every day!  And for that matter, why is it that Liam gives me so much grief for waking him up during the week, yet on the weekends he is almost always up before 6 AM?

Somebody somewhere should start a protest against mornings that have to start before 8 AM.  There are protests against everything these days, so why not protest early mornings?  ** Alright, I admit it, I am being completely, utterly ridiculous.  But that's simply a result of my constant sleep deprived state!

Some days I really worry that if things don't change soon, I am going to morph from chronically sleep deprived to completely insane and eventually to stark raving mad!  So, when my posts start to become like those of a raving lunatic (assuming that they don't already) could someone please send help??

So, until someone decides to have me committed to an insane asylum . . .  do they still have those? because if not, someone may want to start re-opening them because I know of a few people who could really use their services . . .  as I was saying, until someone feels the need to have me committed, I will try to go to bed early and get more sleep to avoid being locked up in a newly opened insane asylum.


* I know that my repeated snooze button use probably makes me feel even more tired when I finally get out of bed, but at the time, I feel better about those extra 9 minutes.  

** If someone takes this protest idea and runs with it, I am totally taking credit for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment