Friday, March 26, 2010

I wish I were . . .

. . . an ostrich so that I could bury my head in the sand and ignore
then world. I have no idea why osriches bury their heads in the sand,
but if I could, I would bury my head to ignore everything today. I
would ignore the loud, whinning, and crying of the children. I would
ignore the fighting, pushing, scratching and biting. I would ignore
the message that weren't given and everything else that is stressing
me out today.

Yes, if a genie were to come toe right now, that would be my wish, to
be able to bury my head in the sand like an ostrich in order to ignore
the world.

Why not just ask for enough money to be able to quit my job, you ask?
Because there will always be things that annoy me that I want to
ignore, like my messy house, my mile long to do list. All the
annoyances in life will never go away, that why I wish for the abilty
to ignore them completely.

However, my ultimate wish would be to be able to quit my job so that I
could stay at home with Liam and write for a living. Not that I really
think that I have what it takes to be a writer, I don't know if I
could really write something that anyone would pay money to read, but
that's my dream life.

Until I find that genie, I will be here, changing diapers and trying
to control kids who sometimes seem to act more like wild animals than
little children. I am so glad that it is Friday and that the day is
half over!!!

Sent from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I found you through the Networked Blogs forum and I am now following you through Google follow and Networked Blogs. I like your blog and I offer any encouragement I can as a mother and grandmother myself, and as a published author. Please visit my blog.
    http://theevolvingspirit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aine . . . your blog looks very interesting, I didn't have the time to read much right now, but I am following and am looking forward to reading more! :) Thanks for following me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with motherhood. Interested in you journey. Come follow my blog at http://www.jonathanbrock.blogspot.com learn how to keep your computer and data safe at my blog.

    ReplyDelete