Friday, March 19, 2010

Gotta love toddlers . . .



I spent the last two days at work in the office.  I was a nice quiet way to end the week.  I quite enjoy my days in the office, although I'm not sure that I am at the point in my career where I would want to do it all the time.  Filling in for my supervisor is enough for me right now!

When I am in the office, I don't get to see much of the kids, so when I do go into the program, they are very exited to see me.  They jump up and down, they scream, they yell "Hi Nicki" about a dozen times, it is much the same as someone who freaks out at seeing their favorite celebrity.  It really does good things to a person's ego!!!

This afternoon, I did get to spend a little bit of time with my kids in the backyard.  I couldn't help but laugh at one of my guys.  He is two and half and although he has been able to speak well for quite some time, until recently, he has been fairly quiet, mostly just speaking when spoken too.  However, he has been speaking a lot more in recent weeks and it makes me smile when he comes up to me and says anything without me having to prompt him to talk with me!  Today, he just made me laugh.

He comes zooming over to me in a cozy coupe car and stopped mere inches from bashing into my legs.  "Hi Nicki, Hi Nicki, Hi Nicki." he says excitedly.  "What are you doing??"

"Watching you and your friends play," I responded.  "What are you doing?"

He looked at me for about 10 seconds and said, "Watching you play, Nicki."

He spent the rest of the time I was outside riding the car around the yard.  Every time he passed me he said, "Nicki, I'm watching you play."

It's moments like this that remind me why I love my job.  This little boy started in the infant program before I went on my maternity leave as a 9 month old infant.  He screamed bloody murder and would not take a bottle from us for the first two weeks.  It just amazes me how quickly they grow and learn.  Makes me wish that we had more time with them before they move on to the preschool program, just so that I could watch them continue to develop into little people.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet story :O) Glad to see another Canadian around!!
    Tracy
    http://thedailymomdiaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete