Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Grumpy Day? Over sensitive? I don’t know, I’m just glad it’s over.


Everywhere I looked today, something was annoying me.  Someone hadn’t done something they should have done.  Something didn’t turn out the way I wanted it to.  Someone was giving me shit for something.  It just didn’t seem to end.

The icing on the cake was when my boss came to me to inform me that one of the parents had complained about me.  Apparently, yesterday I “grabbed her child out of her arms without letting her say goodbye, even though he was upset and crying.”  That just didn’t sit right with me from the moment that I heard it.  I honestly had no recollection of taking said child from him mother yesterday, but the last time I remembered taking him from her, he put his arms out to me and was quite happy for me to take him to do art.  So, I started asking the others who had taken him from the mom yesterday.  As it turns out, I wasn’t even in the room when he was dropped off.  She had me mixed up with someone else.  My boss later spoke to the mom and cleared up the issue, but I am still annoyed, frustrated and angry about it. 

Maybe it is childish of me to be so upset by this, maybe I am PMSing and just overly sensitive, but I think that if you are going to complain about someone, you should damn well make sure that you know who you are complaining about.  It’s not like this woman doesn’t know my name.  She has called me by name on numerous occasions.  It makes me not want to talk to this woman anymore.  It makes me not want to take her child in the mornings when they arrive.  It just makes me mad.  Not that there is anything I can do about.  I can and won’t treat her any differently the next time I see her.  And I absolutely won’t treat the child any differently, however, I have lost some respect for this woman and unless she comes in tomorrow and apologizes to me directly, I don’t think I will get it back. 

A part of me knows it is wrong for me to be feeling this way.  A part of me knows that I should just forget about it and let it go.  My boss wasn’t upset with me even when she thought the complaint was about me, she just wanted me to know and she did set the record straight.  But I can’t just forget about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment