Sunday, January 24, 2010

Manic Monday . . .

The Bangles said it the best of anyone . . . 


“It's just another manic Monday
I wish it were a Sunday
'Cause that's my funday
My I don't have to runday
It's just another manic Monday”

This song runs through my mind many times through the day each and every Monday.  Monday’s are crazy days for me.  First is the issue, faced by most people, of going back to work after the weekend.  It means, for me, going back to getting up at 5am and not getting to have a nap, rushing to get myself and Liam ready, remembering to feed the dogs and cats and getting out the door on time.  Work is always a little crazier on Mondays, just like all the adults trying to get back into the swing of the work week, the daycare kids need to get back in the swing of being at daycare with a crowd of other kids instead of being at home with just mom and dad and siblings.  And just like us, they tend to be tired and cranky!

Once I make it through the “manic Monday” workday, I rush home, rush to throw something together for dinner before rushing out the door for Brownies.  Not sure if I have mentioned it before, but for the past five years I have been a volunteer with Girl Guides of Canada as a Brownie leader.  Now, don’t get me wrong, I love doing this, I adore the girls and don’t plan on giving it up anytime soon, but I despise the fact that it is Monday nights.  However, that is when the RA Center is available and it’s always been on Mondays, so there is nothing I can do about it!

By the time I get home from Brownies, it is about 8:30 pm and I am utterly exhausted!  But there are always things that need to be done around the house and even though I could go straight to bed and sleep until morning, it never happens and I’m lucky if I make it to bed before 11 pm. 

Very rarely during the course of Monday do I have any time for myself; there just aren’t enough hours in the day.  So, in an effort to force myself to create at least a few minutes of time for me on Mondays, I am going to start a weekly “Manic Monday Music Moment” blog post.  Each Monday, starting tomorrow, I will try to pick a song, it might be a song that I heard during the day, I might turn on my iPod and pick the first song that comes on or it might be whatever is planning on my Sirius radio at the time.  Mostly, it will just be a fun way for me to share some of the music I love with my readers and give myself a moment of me time in a crazier than usual day!

No comments:

Post a Comment