Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas and a Birthday . . .






. . . makes for a busy and exhausting day . . . but I guess that we better get used to it, as I am sure that it will only get busier and more exhausting as Liam gets older! The day was filled with lots of unwrapping of presents . . . and then playing with said present. I don't think that Liam unwrapped anything without playing with it before he unwrapped the next one. And there are still presents under the tree waiting for him to get to them! Finally, he thought it was all over and decided that it was time for an afternoon nap. But to his surprise, when he woke, Grandma and his Aunties were here and it was time to start all over again with the presents and playing with new things!

We had a wonderful Christmas dinner, although the turkey wasn't really to Liam's liking, it resulted in a lot of tasting and then spitting. Turnips however were quite yummy! And then came birthday cake! At first he wasn't sure what to do with his piece of cake. Breaking off little pieces and throwing them on the floor seemed like a wonderful idea until Grandma stuck a little piece of cake in his mouth. Then he realized that cake is the best food that he has ever eaten! I am sure that if he could talk he would be telling me that he never wants to eat anything ever again, except cake!

Today was a bit of a disappointment, we were supposed to go see my family today and have Boxing Day dinner with everyone at my sister's house, but it has been freezing rain here ALL day. And all I can say about that is MISERABLE! Needless to say, we decided that it wasn't worth the risk of a two hour drive in freezing rain. If the weather is better, we will go tomorrow, otherwise, we will wait until next weekend. Aside from the disappointment of not getting to see my family and of missing Christmas with them again this year (last year I was in the hospital having a baby!) it was a nice quiet, relaxing day at home. I napped when Liam napped and other than doing some dishes, I was completely lazy! I wish that I could have more days like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment