Saturday, September 26, 2009

So much to do, so little time . . .

I can't believe that it is the end of September already! Although I enjoy the weather, this time of year with the warm sunny days and beautiful fall colours, there are many things that I dread - digging potatoes and carrots from the garden, picking all the tomatoes, peppers and other things that are left in the garden and figuring out what to do with them and finding the time to do it before they spoil and then pulling out all the garden plants before winter. Because pulling out the dead, rotten, slimy plants in the spring is even worse! (And yes, I know this from experience!)

In what's left of this weekend (because I didn't accomplish a darn thing today!) that's what I'll be doing while my little man bounces in his exersaucer and laughs at me. Hopefully, I will get tomatoes and peppers (along with a bunch of other ingredients) made into some spaghetti sauce and lasagna for the freezer. And I NEED to make some baby food, or else the bottomless put that I call Liam won't have anything to eat this week! There are many other things that I hope to get accomplished, however I know that it isn't realistic, so I consider it a productive weekend if I get that much done!

So much for a quiet, relaxing weekend . . . I guess that they just don't exist anymore!

2 comments:

  1. I hear what you are saying, Nicki. I can't remember when the last time I had a quiet and relaxing weekend. It is always like I'm doing something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of your garden!! Even though it's a lot of work, I hope you get to enjoy it's bounty this fall.

    ReplyDelete