Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Not enough time . . .

As I look around this mess I call a house, I wonder how in the world am I going to have time for everything once I get back to work full time? Seriously, I am home all day long, and sure, I am taking care of Liam, but some days I can hardly find the time to have a shower and do the dishes amongst changing diapers, making baby food, preparing bottles and the ever important playtime.

So, you know full well what is going to get over looked once I am back to work . . . the house cleaning. My house will become more and more cluttered and unorganized.

Does that bother me? Yes.

Does it motivate me enough to do a clean sweep before I go back to work, so that it will at least take a little while for the clutter to engulf our lives? NO!

Everyday, I wake up with good intentions of getting some housework or yard work done. Every day, I manage to do a couple of little things; today I cooked, pureed and froze a pot full of sweet potatoes for Liam, cleaned some unidentifiable leftovers out of the fridge, loaded and unloaded the dishwasher, and make a card for a friend. But the list of things to do always seriously out numbers the list of things accomplished.

So, I have come to the conclusion that I will do what I can do and learn to live with the clutter and dust bunnies until someone figures out how to create more hours in the day. Or until someone figures out a way for humans to survive without sleep. Unless someone out there wants to volunteer to be my maid!

No comments:

Post a Comment